The great and good of Buildbase have been recognised and rewarded, as our annual award winners are unveiled.
Branches and staff received hundreds of nominations from their peers across the country for the annual Buildbase Awards 2019.
The judges, comprising Buildbase board directors, looked for business success and brilliant customer service as well as the number of votes received for each category. Nineteen awards were presented in total with each winner receiving a commemorative plaque at the Buildbase Conference.
Grantham stole the show with two awards for Buildbase and Electricbase Branch of the Year, reflecting phenomenal sales success. Chessington won Hirebase Branch of the Year while Yard of the Year went to Exeter for excellent health and safety as well as a first class customer experience.
Regional achievements were also recognised with Gloucester winning Southern Division Branch of the Year. The Midlands crown went to Maidenhead and Northern title to Horncastle.
There were few surprises over the Charity Fundraiser of the Year title, which was won by Stowmarket for its commitment throughout the year to fundraising, racking up thousands of pounds. One nominator commented:
“Stowmarket is a serial charity fundraising branch! They do lots of activities throughout the year, but specifically in 2018 they hosted a charity evening in a local theatre where Roy Hudd was interviewed by his wife Debbie about his lifetime in show business. They sold nearly 200 tickets and raised £2,100!”
The awards also recognised the Idea of the Year, which went to Steven Jones. The transport and yard Supervisor at Gloucester suggested putting extendable barriers across its warehouse to stop customers entering when the forklift is in operation – an idea that has been replicated across several branches.
“Steve has done loads to improve safety and transport within the branch in 2018 and has implemented loads of ideas, which have had a big impact on making the branch safer and a better environment for staff and customers,” said a nominator.
Staff up and down the country were also acknowledged for their achievements. If you’re a regular to Buildbase, you may spot a familiar name among the winners:
- Gary Price, Cheltenham: Hirebase Colleague of the Year
- Tim Webley, Durham: Electricbase Colleague of the Year
- Claire Edwards, Sutton: Showroom Colleague of the Year
- Frank Brown, Milton Keynes: Support Services Colleague of the Year
- Luke Mullen, Nottingham: Apprentice of the Year
- Adrian Dawes, Alford: Driver of the Year
- Tim Hayes, Hounslow: Partnering Colleague of the Year
- Steve Fry, Redditch: Buildbase Colleague of the Year
- Simon Blakey, Alford & Horncastle: Sales Development Manager of the Year
- Craig Tolliday, Coventry (recently moved to Stratford upon Avon branch): Branch Manager of the Year
Congratulations to all of our award winners.
If you need to find your local branch try our locator tool